Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Herbs and Veggies.

I have a few (very few) things growing in my back patio.  I'm so proud of myself because this is the longest I've ever gone without killing everything!  


This is my scallion plant - I just took the roots of scallions from the supermarket and planted them in a pot.  Who knew they'd grow so tall and multiply? 




This is my kale.  The leaves aren't that big yet, but it should be a few more weeks until I can eat it!  My friend gave me this plant - she started it from seeds.  I haven't really done that, just yet.  Baby steps.



These two are my Italian parsley.  I think I bought this one, and it's been flourishing for a few months.  My mom used fresh parsley in almost everything she made (and she made dinner from scratch every.single.night), and there's nothing like the texture and taste of it, to me. 




And finally, my pride and joy, my little tomato plant!  I got it from a friend, in a very young state.  This little plant truly makes me happy.  Every time I look at it , I see a new flower or a  new little tomato coming in, and I jump for joy! I point them out to Sebastian (in the hope that one day he'll eat a vegetable or fruit) and he gets excited too! "'Mate bebe," he says (baby tomato). 




It's the little things that make me smile.  I'm going to try my hand at bell peppers next, from seeds.  We'll see how that goes...


ALOHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mama. I used to have a corporate job. I appreciate good food, a good read, and a nice bath. I currently call Hawaii "home," but I've lived in lots of other places. This blog is about things I like and notice. Kinda random, like me!

Followers