Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What We Eat: Peanut Butter Cookies

I've wanted to try some recipes from this amazing blog for some time now, and I had most of the ingredients (there are only 4) on hand when I came across a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies.





I used organic prunes instead of dates because that's what I had on hand.   And mine came out a little darker than the original ones,  but they are delicious!  The prunes look and taste like chocolate! Except it's all natural, and no baking required.  

Ingredients:  1 cup dry roasted almonds, 1 cup all-natural peanut butter, 1 cup (organic) prunes or medjool dates, and 1 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract.

What to do:  1) In a food processor, pulse the almonds until they're really fine, resembling coarse meal  2) Add the prunes/dates, the vanilla extract, and the peanut butter.  Process.  3)  Make into little balls and then squish them down with a fork.  4) Serve at a party and fool all your friends!

To get the original recipe, click on this link

Aloha! 

P.S. - I was just featured on Deviantly Domesticated!  Click here to see the post!,
and I also linked up to this one at the Shabby Nest. 
 

2 comments:

  1. These do look tasty. Just don't tell anyone that they're so healthy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How easy! I love that. Thanks so much for linking up to Saturday's Party. Hope you come play again!

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mama. I used to have a corporate job. I appreciate good food, a good read, and a nice bath. I currently call Hawaii "home," but I've lived in lots of other places. This blog is about things I like and notice. Kinda random, like me!

Followers