Friday, July 9, 2010

I Heart Surfer Art



My favorite local artist is Heather Brown. Her art epitomizes Hawaii for me: bright colors, bold strokes, and a connection to nature, especially the ocean. But really, I love her work because it just makes me happy when I look at it!

I can't WAIT to get my hands on one of her pieces, although I'll have to settle for a print, or maybe (if I'm really good), I'll get a glicee as a gift!

"Outer Reef"





Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~Twyla Tharp


Aqua and lime green is my favorite color combo - it was love at first sight!


You can see more of Heather's artwork (and even have a little piece of Hawaii in your home) on her website. As for me, I hope to catch a glimpse of Heather's art at next weekend at the Haleiwa Arts Festival.

Aloha!

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Love the bright colors, too. Don't know what it is, but lots of colors together makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! They kind of remind me of a Hawaii-version of Brito! The artist should give you a giclee for giving a shoutout on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, now that you mention it, she DOES remind me of Brito! I love happy art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty and I agree that they do just seem to scream happiness.
    Hope you are having a beachy day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Thanks for introducing to these! I have never seen this artist. I love it!

    Thanks for following my blog and entering my giveaway! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mama. I used to have a corporate job. I appreciate good food, a good read, and a nice bath. I currently call Hawaii "home," but I've lived in lots of other places. This blog is about things I like and notice. Kinda random, like me!

Followers