Monday, August 29, 2011

Waimea Valley.


Waimea Valley, known also as a the "Valley of the Priests" is the kind of place you think of when you think of Hawai'i.  Lush, green, with waterfalls.  Well, there's only one waterfall.  But it's very picturesque, and you can swim in the pool at the foot of the falls (although you are advised not to swallow the water.) 

It's also a place to learn about Hawaiian culture and admire more than 15,000 kinds of tropical plants. Although the native Hawaiian actors seemed to be on break when we were there, I did manage to capture some (read: very little) of the Valley's breathtaking natural beauty.  But seriously, where were the half-naked buff Hawaiian men?!



 














No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mama. I used to have a corporate job. I appreciate good food, a good read, and a nice bath. I currently call Hawaii "home," but I've lived in lots of other places. This blog is about things I like and notice. Kinda random, like me!

Followers