Sunday, February 20, 2011

Haleiwa Farmer's Market (Sunday).

Haleiwa is one of my favorite places on the island.  I think we've been there more than any other place, whether to eat at the shrimp trucks, to watch surfing competitions, or just to "get away" for an afternoon.    Located on the North Shore, it's a charming little surfing town, known for its  laid-back, beachy atmosphere and world-class surfing. 

Today I finally made it to the weekly farmer's market.  I didn't take too many pictures, because I was busy looking at the fresh produce, tasting various juices and chocolates, and taking it all in.  Plus, it didn't help that it was hot and little S was getting a bit cranky (I did get us lost on the way there, which made for an hour-long car ride, so I kinda understand).  I'll be going back more frequently, if only for my fix of the avocado eggroll and the Madre Chocolates, so I'll take more pictures next time.

This dino-lizard and his message was part of the Defend Oahu Coalition's table. 
Click here if you want to learn more about this movement.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nadia!

    Just checking in to see how you are doing. love this farmers market. My bf and I LOVE going to these our new one in Monterey is on tuesdays, it's always nice to have a fun outing to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mama. I used to have a corporate job. I appreciate good food, a good read, and a nice bath. I currently call Hawaii "home," but I've lived in lots of other places. This blog is about things I like and notice. Kinda random, like me!

Followers